Google announced yesterday that it is opening it’s hangout feature to all users. This means that any Google + member can broadcast to multiple viewers, when in the past it was only limited to select prominent users.
The service allows a Google + user to embed a broadcast on their Google + profile or link to websites.
What does this mean for the independent artist? Here are some ideas:
1. Give an exclusive live show to your fans
2. Test out your new music and get live feedback
3. Hold fan chats, and answer your fans questions
4. Hold a expert hour, where you give advice on a certain area of your expertise.
5. What would you use it for?
For more “do it yourself” promotion tips, register for The 2012 California Music Industry Summit! http://cmis2012-eorg.eventbrite.com/
Contributed by CMIS Blog Editor/Staff Writer Delia Mendoza