In just a few weeks, independent music artists, businesspeople, students and many more types will converge onto Oakland, CA to attend the 2013 California Music Industry Summit. If you’re one of those types that sees an opportunity but is still on the fence as to whether you should attend or not, then it’s clear that your time is running out. But just in case you need that little extra push, here are five great reasons to attend CMIS and start on the path to successfully educating yourself about the music industry:
1. Priceless Networking Opportunities – That’s what it’s all about in the music business: who you know and who you can connect with. CMIS 2013 will be the perfect place to do just that!
2. The chance to discover new independent music talent from across the country and the world – New artists with great new music in one space together, working hard to make their dreams come true and to give music fans exactly what they want. What more could you ask for?
3. Experienced, successful and motivational speakers – From Chairman and CEO Dr. Robert Fraser to sought after vocal coach Robert “Raab” Stevenson, the speakers for this years’ even promise to be informative and inspiring!
4. Valuable and educational panel discussion and workshops on pertinent topics – Information is key in today’s music industry and at CMIS 2013, there’s sure to lots of knowledge gained on some of today’s hottest and most pertinent music topics.
5. The newly announced Youth Hip Hop Battle – Just confirmed for this year, the Youth Hip Hop battle will give young people to display a level of creativity and talent that is certain to take CMIS by storm.
These are only a few of the many reasons why attending CMIS 2013 for any artist, music business professional and those aspiring to be successful in either field is a no-brainer. Just think about it: your success in either of these fields could very well start with your attendance to this summit, and you’ll be able to look back one day and say that CMIS was the beginning that put you on the road to music industry success.
Don’t hesitate and don’t delay! There are only a few weeks left. Attend CMIS 2013 from June 13-15 and start on the road to your ultimate music success.